Wednesday, September 11, 2013





The Ocean
By Nancy L. Kenaston
January 2013
The ocean…whatever a mysterious gift I receive there…
the ever-present, unpredictable, continually changing and yet changeless aspect…
the raw, mighty power…
the stunning beauty that I just sit & watch, in awe…
the reminder of how small I am, and how I am not in control of anything but me.
It’s “hushing” voice, calming me…
the flat, steady horizon, helping me focus…
the massive water form that hydrates my soul!
It comes in, and goes out, just like my breath, again & again & again.
It has rhythms and cycles just like me and life.
It carries and holds life, and provides a form of sustenance for us.
It carries deep mysteries we don’t yet know.
I am changed when I am in its presence.
It reminds us all that we are not in charge of this earth,
we are mere stewards, able to manage only small areas.
It provides the water that is continually rising, evaporating, then condensing and falling,
to moisten the earth, which provides food and beauty and variety.
It provides a sense of healing…
And I feel like it always welcomes me, with wide open arms,
having patiently waited for me to return.
Yes, the ocean reminds me of You, God, over & over & over again!
Repeatedly, continually, unfailingly.
It shouts to me, who You are!
Oh, what a gift!

2 comments:

  1. Loved hearing you read your words at the ocean and love reading them again here, my poetic friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. :) I'm glad it blessed you too! Thanks for encouraging me to post/share it. :)

      Delete